7.19.2013

Dreading the future. Treading water with a cinder block.

None of the things I was told as a child were exactly true. My family wasn't especially involved in world affairs and we didn't discuss big topics at the dinner table.
I was expected to make up my own mind about politics, religion and as to my way of life, well that's an entirely different matter. I was born in Dallas, Texas. I've been in Houston Since I was seven years old. 25 years.
I remember what Hunter S. Thompson had to say about Houston:  "Houston is a cruel, crazy town on a filthy river in East Texas with no zoning laws and a culture of sex, money and violence. It's a shabby, sprawling metropolis ruled by brazen women, crooked cops and super-rich pansexual cowboys who live by the code of the West -- which can mean just about anything you need it to mean, in a pinch."




After 25 years here I can't really argue with the man. 
It's 2013 and the bullshit is really flying right now. There's an Administration in power that makes Nixon's look like a litter of kittens. Perhaps this was how the whole American tragedy is supposed to unfold. The previous generation is still operating out of pure fear of the future. They have experienced tragedy so many times that they now expect it as due course.  If there ever was a time when we could break from the traditions of the twentieth century and begin a new era...this would be that time. But what are we hearing in the news?
We have a Surveillance and Police State that has been completely laid bare to the public...cops are arresting people for filming cops...while the NSA has been illegally tapping phones and email for more than a decade. 

Every single political party that has tried to break ground as a contender against democrats or republicans has failed. Why do you think that is? I believe the liberal/conservative thing to be a false dichotomy. It stands to reason that in a country of 300+million people that there might be a few viewpoints from more than a few individuals that do not fall withing the guidelines of the status-quo. 

Fuck the guidelines.

Lets build a new platform:

The Decriminalization of Drugs. 
The Release of all Non-Violent Drug Offenders From Prison.
The Moralization of Law Enforcement.
The End to Warfare over seas.
The Initiative to experiment with long-term Sustainability projects.
The Free Education Act (education is entirely free to citizens)
The Free Credit Act (Credit is obtainable for all citizens)
The Free Citizenry Act( All residents or Aliens can become citizens)
The Research Act (New research requires new funding)
The HEMP ACT (Hemp farming and production initiatives)

Instead of fearing the future I want to punch it in the face.

Right now though...I am treading water holding a cinder block with the rent painted on it.

Fuck man any body out there want to pay me $600,000 next year to have me run their company or something. I will Do a CEO's job for a shit load less and I will increase worker and shareholder compensation while decreasing the executive workload.  Corporate America Needs a makeover and I'm just the guy to do it!

Seriously somebody offer me a job before I have to survive by hunting bankers...they're a rare and crafty creature...but their meat is the sweetest!
OH YEA AND END THE FUCKING FED!